Photo Plus Expo attendees, join a free photo walk through Harlem, NY.
Shutterbug Life is hosting a free photo walk through picturesque and historic locations in Harlem.
The photo walk route will be based on a National Geographic established walking tour through harlem that features "design-savvy boutiques, restaurants serving fusion fare, and richly detailed buildings.
Here are just a few of the photo opportunities you can expect
- Morningside Park, whose balustrades drip roses and lilies.
- Senegalese hair-braiding shops sit side-by-side with music stores, bodegas, and fancy boutiques
- Malcolm Shabazz Harlem Market, a bazaar comprised of some 85 stalls with a selection of authentic West African goods, including jewelry, clothing, woven and leather bags, aromatic oils, and handicrafts.
- Lenox Avenue (also known as Malcolm X Boulevard) for the stately brownstones and churches
- Brownstones on 123rd Street, built in the late 1880s and '90s, which are distinguished by hand-carved doorways
- Jazz landmark Lenox Lounge
- World famous Apollo Theater
The PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo is the largest photography and imaging show in North America, attended by over 21,000 professional photographers, photography enthusiasts, filmmakers, students and educators from around the world.
About Shutterbug Life
Shutterbug Life is a weekly podcast that celebrates the creative photographer's lifestyle. Through a series of discussions, expert interviews, and photo challenges, the podcast examines everything you need to be, do, or have to reach your full photographic potential.
Shutterbug Life podcast is hosted by Lynford Morton, a second-generation photographer who built one of Washington, DC’s fastest growing photography Meetup communities, Shutterbug Excursions. He has trained thousands of photographers to take great pictures in Washington, DC and New Orleans from the business he founded, PhotoTour DC.